KIOST

Open a Mobile's Menu

News

Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology

KORDI Welcomes the 3rd Group of Bloggers

• HITS : 6802
  • Date : 2012-02-23

On February 21st, the Republic of Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute, or KORDI, (President Kang Jung-keuk) held a welcoming ceremony for the third group of bloggers at its South Sea branch.

These young bloggers, 10 college and graduate school students selected through an open competition and 10 recipients of the "Future Oceanic Science Talent Scholarship" a KORDI scholarship program to nurture future leaders, will write and upload postings on what is going on in the science and technology circle to the official KORDI blog.

At the welcoming ceremony, the letter of appointment was presented to the bloggers while researchers and future blogger activities were explained to the audience. Visitors also went on to tour the research vessel Onnuri and the Ocean Farm in Tongyoung, the first of its kind in Republic of Korea.

"For me, the ocean used to be something associated mostly with leisure and vacation, but after being appointed as a blogger for KORDI, my eyes were opened to a fascinating world of science," said Choi Hyung-il, a student majoring in biotechnology at Konkuk University. He added, "As a member of the KORDI blogger group, I will be a keen observer of and introduce the world of oceanic science in an easy manner to the general public."

"Various social media has been playing an ever-greater role in communicating with the masses, and the bloggers will write actively to inform the general public of the interesting world of oceanic research and science," said a KORDI official.

list

Content Manager :

Last Update : 2024-01-31