IOC/WESTPAC 8th International Scientific Symposium
- HITS : 3343
- Date : 2010-10-08
The Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute (KORDI) holds the IOC/WESTPAC 8thInternational Scientific Symposium in Busan, the largest port city of Korea, from March 28 to 31, 2011. The symposium is supported by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs and is about "Ocean Climate and Marine Ecosystems in the Western Pacific."
You may register to participate in the symposium and submit an excerpt of a thesis through the symposium homepage: (www.kocean.or.kr/westpac_symposium).
We ask for your serious interest and active participation.
Details on the Symposium
1. Event: The IOC/WESTPAC 8th International Scientific Symposium
2. Date and Place: March 28 ？ 31, 2011 at Paradise Hotel Busan
3. Theme: Ocean Climate and Marine Ecosystems in the Western Pacific
- Ocean and Coastal Observation
- Ocean and Coastal Acidification
- Climate Modeling and Prediction
- Air-sea Interaction and Coupled Air-wave Sea Modeling and Prediction
- Anthropogenic Impacts and Climate Change
- Marine Remote Sensing
- Adaptation to Coastal Disasters Related to Climate Change
- Paleoclimatology: Corals and Monsoon
- Dynamics of Coral Reefs and Changing Forcings
- Sediment Dynamical Processes and Coastal Erosion
- Marine Biogeochemistry
- Marine Biodiversity and Conservation
- Climate Change Impacts on Fisheries
- Environmentally Sustainable Aquaculture
- Early registration for participation: November 15, 2010
- Submission of excerpts: November 15, 2010
- Notification of acceptance of excerpts: December 15, 2010
- Application for funding: December 31, 2010
- Notification of beneficiaries of funding: January 15, 2011
5. Expected Participants: About 350 people including governmental representatives and marine experts from the twenty (20) IOC/WESTPAC member countries
6. How to register for participation
- Those who would like to participate in the symposium may register at the symposium homepage: www.kocean.or.kr/westpac_symposium
-You may also register in person at KORDI.
- Those who intend to submit an excerpt of a thesis are advised to submit it at the foregoing website no later than November 15, 2010.
※ For more information, please contact us using the following:
Coordinator: LEE Mi-hye/KORDI International Cooperations CenterTelephone: 82-31-400-7751
- Content Manager :
- Last Update : 2019-11-19